September 13, 2008

The Bobos


September 9, 2008
Okay, so one of my duty's as a new RPA (Regional Prefectural Advisor) was to make a movie about my area (Hida) for all of the new JETs to see upon their arrival. This task was going to be tough because it literally meant we could anything we wanted to. 

The only real guidelines were that we had to 1. Show the area to the new JETs, so that they could get an idea of where they were going to be living, and 2. That we introduce some of the people living around the area. The latter guideline was actually somewhat loose and in reality not even required, but rather recommended.

Therefore, my British friend (Greg) and I, decided what better way to introduce the newbies to the area than to make up a fictitious cover band, and tell their fictitious story. This idea was based on the icon "The SaruBobo doll" which represents our area. 

The short film was a blast to make and everyone who I asked to help out was on-board from the start. An outtake real even developed from it, which is also under my films on YouTube...so take a look. Without further ado, I give you "VH1 Presents: The Bobo's. Hida's Untold Story" 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MgpF6sWaFQ

No comments: